The City of Fairmont maintains a full-time staff in its Engineering Department located at the Fairmont Wastewater Treatment Plant. The department provides engineering services to all departments of the City of Fairmont.
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the City of Fairmont Engineering Department.
- Design and monitor sanitary sewer system capital improvement projects
- Design and monitor water system capital improvement projects
- Develop and maintain city mapping and geographic information system (GIS)
- Develop standards and monitor water and sanitary sewer line extensions for developments
- Leak detection using traditional methods and acoustic listening devices to locate and pinpoint leaks
- Maintain engineering records archive system
- Manage the sanitary sewer Combined Sewer Overflow Program
- Perform as-built surveys for all water and sanitary sewer line construction
- Provide engineering support to all other city departments
- Quarterly system wide flushing of the water system
- Valve exercise program to assist with leak detection and leak repair
To contact us, see the Staff Directory for contact information.