NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that applications will be accepted for the position of Firefighter for the City of Fairmont Fire Department.
Requirements for Applicants:
- Must be between the age of 18 and 35 on the date of application;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license;
- Must have a high school diploma or GED;
- Must within one year of the date of appointment establish and maintain permanent residence within 15 air miles of the Marion County Courthouse;
- Must successfully complete and pass various mandatory examinations.
Applications and informational packets may be obtained at the Office of the City Clerk, Room 312, J. Harper Meredith Building, 200 Jackson Street, Fairmont, West Virginia between 9:00 a.m., Tuesday, September 7, 2021 and 12:00 p.m., noon, Friday, October 22, 2021. The last day applications will be accepted is 12:00 p.m., noon, on Friday, October 22, 2021. The physical ability test and written exam will be given on Tuesday, November 16, 2021. For more information, go to fairmontwv.gov E.O.E.
Check out our apparatus and other large firefighting equipment.
ISO rates municipalities with their capacity to handle a fire, and to minimize its damage to property.
The Fairmont Fire Department does much more than just put out fires.
The Fairmont Fire Department is manned 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
Learn about the Fire Department's 3 fire stations in Fairmont.
The Fairmont Fire department averages around 2,000 calls each year.