- Feature Links
The City of Fairmont is a municipal corporation and political subdivision of the State of West Virginia. This internet website and the information it contains are provided as a public service by the City of Fairmont to allow convenient access to public information. Unauthorized attempts to modify any information stored on this system or to use the system for any purpose other than its intended purpose is prohibited.
The City of Fairmont makes an effort to provide accurate, current and reliable public information; however, the City of Fairmont cannot guarantee that any of the information will be error-free. Therefore, the City of Fairmont, its respective employees, officers, departments, boards and utilities, expressly deny any guarantee of the accuracy, reliability, correctness or timeliness of the information published throughout this website, including any rates, fees and/or charges, and the City of Fairmont shall not be liable for any losses or damages caused by reliance upon the accuracy, reliability, correctness or timeliness of the information or the contents of this site.
By providing information on this website, the City of Fairmont does not create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or equity, by a party against the City of Fairmont, its employees, officers, departments, boards, utilities, insurers or any other person.
Warning: Any person who relies upon information obtained from this website or any other City of Fairmont website does so at his or her own risk. The City of Fairmont will not be liable under any circumstances to any party who chooses to rely upon information contained within or obtained from this website.
Warning: The information and the contents of this website and all other City of Fairmont websites are published for information purposes only and the information and contents are subject to change and/or discontinuance without notice.
With respect to applications, documents or forms available from this website, neither the City of Fairmont nor any of its officers, employees or agents make any warranty, express or implied, or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of same.
References on this a website to any specific commercial or non-commercial product, process or service by trademark, manufacturer or otherwise, does not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation or favoring by the City of Fairmont.
All trademarks, service marks or copyrights appearing on this website and other inked websites are the trademarks, service marks or copyrights of their respective owners.
Social Media Policy
Welcome to this City of Fairmont Social Media page. We welcome your participation, but ask that you abide by the following guidelines:
Comments containing any of the following forms of content shall not be allowed/posted and are subject to removal by the City:
- Comments not topically related to the particular site or blog article being commented upon;
- Personal attacks of any kind;
- Profane language or vulgar content;
- Prejudicial remarks or a comment that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Solicitations of commerce, promoting any goods/services or links to other sites;
- Advocating, conducting, supporting or encouraging illegal activity of any kind;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party or infringe on copyrights or trademarks;
- Supports particular services, products or political organizations/ideas;
- Promotes events or activities that are not sponsored by the City;
- Contains personal information such as address, birth date, medical information or social security number;
- Contains political endorsements of any particular candidate for office, electioneering, or a particular stance on specific legislation;
- Contains any items violating the West Virginia Public Information Act.
Repeated violations of posting inappropriate comments, as defined above, will subject the author to removal from the City’s Social Media site.
There is no right of privacy on the City’s Social Media page. All content is considered a public record, and will be retained as required by law.
This is a moderated online discussion group and not a public forum. If you would like to comment on City policies, programs, projects, etc., please visit the City website and select the appropriate contact forum. Attending public hearings or meetings is also suggested.
The comments expressed on social media sites by a member of the public do not reflect the opinions and position of the City of Fairmont or its officers and employees and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by the City of Fairmont.